April 20, 2008

How do I know when you've posted?

As there are many students who are taking this course, there are many blogs that I need to check for new posts. Fortunately, I don't need to look at each page each day to see if something new has been added. I use something called "Google Reader" to keep track of all of the blogs I need to read. "Google Reader" is one of many ways to use RSS (Really Simple Syndication) to keep track of information on many different web sites.

If you have several different blogs or web sites that you would like to keep track of, "Google Reader" or another RSS feed reader can be very helpful. Here's how I register your blogs on "Google Reader":

First, I click on the orange mark to the right of the URL address:



Then, I click on "Add to Google Reader" (you may get a similar messge in Japanese):


From there, just follow the directions provided by Google.

Finally, what I have explained above only allows you to find out if any new posts have been made. If you want to know when new comments come out on a blog, type "feeds/comments/default" after the address of the blog and then hit the "return" key:


No comments: