April 19, 2008

How am I doing?

I have listed the blogs of all of the students in this class on a page called "外書講読 Blogs."

The links to some of the blogs are in a pink area. I am satisfied with the progress of these students so far. In other words, their blogs are "good enough" (and some of them are excellent). The students whose blogs are in the pink area need to continue to work hard each week. If they stop posting to their blogs or if there are too many other problems with their posts, they will be moved to the grey area.

The links to the rest of the blogs are in a grey area. These blogs are "not good enough." I do not think these students are trying hard enough. I expect the students in this class to study outside of class each week. These blogs do not reflect the amount of study that I expect. I think that some of the people whose blogs are in the grey area have been studying enough but have had trouble getting used to writing in their blogs. These people need to talk to me so that I can help them. At the end of the semester, students whose blogs are in the grey area will fail this course; that is, they will get a "D" in this course. So, I hope that everyone will work hard to improve their blogs so that they can be listed in the pink area. I expect everyone whose blog is in the grey area to pay particular attention to the "Checklist for posts." One problem with blogs in the grey area is that their authors do not seem to have read what I have written on my blog about what and how to post.

If your blog is not listed on the "外書講読 Blogs" page, or if you feel that your blog should be in the pink area but isn't, please send me an e-mail or talk to me during class.

No comments: